Sunday, July 30, 2006

a night out

The past few days have been all about NJ and the grandparents. On Thursday the bulk of the day was spent sitting in the living room or a restaurant talking with my parents about him. Friday was spent at his great-grandmother's house where some more family got to see him (including his great-great-grandmother who couldn't remember my name :)... ).

Tonight, though, my parents agreed to take care of the baby while Golden and I went to see a movie. We picked Lady in the Water because it was a full forty minutes shorter than Superman or Pirates of the Caribbean: We Just Like Extremely Long Movie Titles. We knew that NJ wouldn't deal well for an extended time without mommy.

When we arrived we discussed it and could not remember the last time just the two of us have gone to the theater. It does feel like a special treat when you haven't done that sort of thing a lot.

The movie itself is entertaining, but if you are looking for certain things in the storyline you may be disappointed. First, it does not have a typical M. Night Shyamalan ending. Second, the process of how the story is laid out is very different than is standard. Third, there are a ton of characters to keep straight. Fourth, it was forgivably hokey at points. It was worth seeing, though.

As we were getting in the car to drive home my dad called and asked if Golden minded if they fed NJ some formula. NJ had eaten more than expected, and he was unhappy at the idea of waiting for more food. We hurried home and everything turned out alright.

After a night like tonight I have but one question on my mind. Will we get to see a movie together again before Shyamalan puts together another film? I certainly hope so.

3 comments:

T said...

"I have but one question on my mind. Will we get to see a movie together again before Shyamalan puts together another film?"

Good luck with that! :)

roamingwriter said...

There's always rentals. Conveniently paused when necessary. In fact we've been watching movies in stages because of being tired and it getting late.

f o r r e s t said...

I want to see that movie.