Wednesday, August 23, 2006

shake dust

I don't know how often this happens for other people, but on occasion I don't get something. For example, someone might use a double entendre and I might be at a loss at what everyone is laughing at. One of my coworkers has pointed out that something like this may be happening with my blog name.

I have already explained the shakedust name in a previous post. What I have been told, though, is that "shake dust" is a drug reference having to do with a powdery substance. After some initial thoughts that this may be true, my googling the term has not turned up anything yet. "Gold dust" is apparently slang for cocaine, though.

Regardless, I am not changing my name because a few people somewhere may use it as an obscure drug reference. It'll take more than that to shake me from this name.

6 comments:

T said...

Wouldn't it be weird to change your blog name now and wouldn't that mean that you would have to start all over from scratch? That would mean you would be at one while dash was at 100! It would take you at least 2 weeks to surpass him! :) LOL

f o r r e s t said...

Way to stand up, dusty!

GoldenSunrise said...

So, we are a bad combination together-Gold Dust-or cocaine. : )

shakedust said...

I think we're just incredibly addictive. :)

Dash said...

Hey T, .... pbbbbbbbbbbt

windarkwingod said...

I am changing my name to Janjadoob-shri-ganjaweed (or maybe just Bud)