Wednesday, July 26, 2006

cleaning... again

My parents show up today to see NJ for the first time. This can mean only one thing: The majority of the day will be spent cleaning. I already know that the yard needs mowed, beds need prepared, items around the house need picked up, and several errands need run. There are probably several other chores that I am not even aware of that I need to work on as well.

What I can't figure out is how the house degenerates so quickly. It seems that every weekend (and now in the middle of the week), there have been a ton of chores that need done. How is it that two adults and one baby can mess up a house so quickly?

When I go through areas that were cleaned a few short days ago I have to ask whether cleaning was even worth it. The jury is still out on that one.

5 comments:

T said...

Dash and the kids seem to appreciate the fact that weekend cleaning goes quicker when we keep it all picked up every night. Having a dishwasher now is helping to make that more doable. But I am not sure if it's worth it either.

I hope you have a lot of fun with your parents. Just think what 4 adults and a baby can do in a week to the house! :) (One of the joy's of having company!)

Anonymous said...

Mom and Dad have seen my apartment... so you're already ahead!

The vaccuum cleaner that they gave me ended up having a broken belt and other problems, so mom was shocked and appalled to later learn later that I hadn't vaccuumed in four months. I just considered it one of the perks of living alone (I'm hardly ever home anyways!) and knew I'd eventually get a working vaccuum cleaner. "Eventually" came the next time Mom and Dad came to visit. I admit the floor does look better now.

Dash said...

errrm ... NJ isn't really contributing to the mess at this point - so it's not really fair to include him.

I used to think that the big plastic toy phase (age 1-4) was the messiest, however I've changed my mind seeing the effects of Bionicles.

f o r r e s t said...

I think the 2nd law of Thermodynamics has something to do with this problem.

roamingwriter said...

I'm amazed that I can dust and within mere moments you cannot tell. Is it wasting energy or is it good hygiene to scrape it up once a week??