Sunday, April 02, 2006

working late

For the past few months I have been kind of spoiled. It used to be that if I left the office before 6PM that was a good day, but I have not had to stay late very much in quite a while. A couple of the guys in the office are continually there until 6 or 7, but have I counted myself among the lucky ones who usually doesn't have extremely pressing work left to do at 5. Well, that was until Thursday.

On Thursday I got on a conference call at 3:30 that lasted until 7:30. I don't like that but if it happens once in a blue moon I can usually deal (and complain). On Friday I was gearing up for the weekend when I found out another issue had been assigned to me at 4:30 that someone needed to deal with. Again, I complained, but I hung around until 6:30 to take care of it.

I was in a bad mood until 7:40. At that time I got a call from a coworker from his cell phone. He wanted to let me know that while I had been unfortunate to have to stay until 6:30, he was just then leaving the office. I guess I had nothing to complain about after all.

I snapped the pictures below on the way home Thursday night. If this is what the drive home from work looks like and it isn't December 21, this is the sign of a bad day at the office.

2 comments:

roamingwriter said...

Two things should never happen. Get up in the dark in the morning, and drive home from work in the dark. Regardless of daylight savings time.

GoldenSunrise said...

Since the sun will still be out at 7 pm now, if you have to work late again, maybe you will be in a better mood.