Wednesday, April 05, 2006

prized

Last week we had a small poker tournament in my office. Without belaboring the details I finished second. Definitely better than last time when I didn't even get into the final round. This year, the top three positions got prizes from ThinkGeek.com. Mine was this lighted gaming mousepad. It lights up in six different colors which I distinguish as either blue-like or yellow-like.

The first and third place prizes were a Swiss memory keychain (256MB flash drive) and an airzooka.

What's really funny, though, is that the runner up gets the box that the prizes came in. The person who took the runner up position last time put the box on his wall. It has provided an occasional smile whenever I walked into his office over the past few months.

As we were playing several of us noted how humorous it would be if the same person won the box two tournaments in a row. Without further ado, I present his office wall. :)

7 comments:

f o r r e s t said...

good job!

GoldenSunrise said...

You did good. Especially because we have been out of practice on playing poker games.

Dash said...

Wow .. bigger box this year. :-)

Notes to self:
#1. don't play poker with dust (will get fanny kicked).

#2. find out what a airzooka is (so I can look cool with other geeks - or coffee drinkers)

#3. get dust to repost the picture of the swiss memory key chain in late june (when T is presumebly wondering what to get me for my birthday)

T said...

whatever dash! I figured you'd have something to say. He gets one thing he wants and starts in like a kid with the next item on his list! Keep dreamin' baby!

T said...

He's been telling me and anyone who listens about the swiss army knife memory key for over a month now. He talked to a computer guy about it in Indiana. That guys was as excited about it as I am! :) I think we should start calling dash--Inspector! Wowser!

Dash said...

.... Go-Go Gadget Memory Stick

roamingwriter said...

Poker and prizes? Getting awfully close to actual gambling there, aren't we? Haven't played since we left!