Monday, April 03, 2006

spring forward

I am not good with schedules. I don't believe I ever have been. I can remember things that I do as a routine day in an day out, but I can't remember unique events. Whenever anyone asks whether I want to or whether I am able to do something on a given day I almost always have to check with Golden. This isn't just because I am whipped. It is also because she has this weird ability to remember and recall our schedules, our church's schedules, and some extended family schedules for weeks out. I am doing good to remember whether I wore the jeans I am currently putting on the previous day.

Due to my incredible ability to forget anything important on my schedule I rely on Golden to make sure that I remember to attend important events. This usually works without fail. On Saturday night, however, we were both too busy to take time to remember to set the clocks around the house ahead an hour. Actually, Golden was too busy. I wouldn't have remembered to change the clocks if I didn't have a thing to do.

So on Sunday morning I was thinking about how I would delay getting up for another ten minutes when I heard Golden say, "Oh no, it's 9:30." We missed Sunday School, but I did enjoy the extra hour of sleep.

6 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

Sorry I dropped the ball on that one. I have never forgot daylight savings. Blame it on the pregnancy. I was exhausted trying to get the house clean for my family coming.

shakedust said...

So pregnancy is like kryptonite? :)

To be sure, I'm certainly not blaming you. It doesn't bother me that I got a little extra sleep anyway. I am just pointing out how completely helpless I am without your scheduling guidance.

f o r r e s t said...

we missed you in class. Class was really fun yesterday, but sleep would have been better.

Dash said...

Even better than an hour of extra sleep; T and I were both 'sick' yesterday. shhh don't tell anyone ....

Oh the bliss of a Monday with no plans, cold-cut sandwiches, movies to watch, open windows, and spring breezes.

hehehe .. I'm still giddy.

Achtung BB said...

My very reliable wife didn't forget, even though I was kind of hoping she would. Who's great idea was it that we all lose an hour of sleep each spring?

roamingwriter said...

We do it a week before you do over here. So for one week we were 8 hours away instead of 7.