Tuesday, April 18, 2006

achoo

For most of last week I felt like I had the flu. It wasn't because I had the flu or a cold, but because I mowed the lawn that Sunday.

For as long as I can remember I have had allergy problems in the Spring. It isn't as bad as it used to be, but there are certain things that set my allergies off. One is getting up close and personal with the tree in the backyard when it is blossoming.

On Monday last week I was genuinely concerned that maybe I had come down with something because my muscles were sore due to me doing such a workout in such bad shape. This wasn't the worst of it, though. It was Friday (and I finally was nowhere near the tree) by the time I got past the head cold symptoms that the pollen from that tree ignited.

It could be worse, though. The blossoms could be out longer than a week or two.

6 comments:

f o r r e s t said...

<...getting up close and personal with the tree in the backyard when it is blossoming>

<...my muscles were sore due to me doing such a workout in such bad shape.>

<...I finally was nowhere near the tree>

<...the pollen from that tree ignited.>

...I can't cut you!

This sounds like dialog to the upcoming movie...Brokeback Yard.

shakedust said...

That's so wrong

<...but so funny>

f o r r e s t said...

I know...but I couldn't resist.

GoldenSunrise said...

I teased Dust about the flowers trying to mate with his shirt. There was pollen all over it.

Achtung BB said...

Good one Forrest

roamingwriter said...

So me sticking my head in the middle of every blossom I can find and breathing deeply - probably doesn't appeal to you.