Monday, April 10, 2006

the web

In the past I have been informed that including a picture of my foot on this blog is a little gross. This is why today's picture is small. It does illustrate my topic well, though.

Ever since I was born the second and third toes on both of my feet have been attached. When I was really young I figured this was normal. As I grew up and noticed other people at the pool I realized it wasn't normal. Apparently most people don't have webbed feet.

When my mom first found out that I had some webbed toes she asked the doctor if there was anything he could do to separate them. He pointed out that this really wasn't a serious issue and said that the toes might grow back together if he separated them anyway. She was uncomfortable about this, but figured there was not much to be done.

Some might assume that I don't go barefoot much because I am embarrassed about my toes. Rest assured that if this were the case I wouldn't have a picture of my toes on this site. I don't think about my toes 99.9% of the time, so if I am going to have weird quirks with my body this might as well be one of them.

10 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

If our son has your toes, I might look into getting his toes separated. : )

shakedust said...

Are you saying I should be self-conscious about my toes? :)

f o r r e s t said...

I would be more concered about Dust's 3rd nipple and your son having one than the webbed feet, which I bet came in real handy (or footy) at the pool.

windarkwingod said...

I think we just found new talent for our "How's our feet?" newsletter. I will fax you a talent-release form...

Dash said...

Can we add "third nipple" to the list of phrases never to be blogged again?

shakedust said...

Yeah, use "superfluous nipple" instead. :)

f o r r e s t said...

Dash, do you have one too!

Stephanie said...

3rd nipples and webbed toes are cool!

Dash said...

I'll never tell

Doc said...

Nice.