Saturday, January 07, 2006

the peanut gallery

This could probably be a "Christmas pt 5" post, but enough is enough.

When Golden and I flew to and from Pittsburgh over the holiday we had layovers both ways. This isn't ideal, but I figured that it wouldn't be a big issue. There were no major snags, but there was one unexpected consequence. We are now completely stocked with small packets of peanuts.

I would like to know how airlines determine what snacks to include on a flight. Southwest used to provide a box of snacks, but now they hand out peanuts. Last I flew United and US Air they both provided pretzels. Midwest gave me a cookie when I flew with them. I am never really sure if I should be thankful for the snack or note to the stewardess that upgrading to an entire can of Coke is worth a couple of bags of peanuts to me.

I also think it is funny that Midwest advertises the cookie they give on flights in their commercials like that is a good reason to buy a ticket with them. A cookie is better than pretzels or peanuts, but I buy tickets based on price and time of the flight and not on a $2 cookie. There are probably people who buy tickets because of the cookie.

Anyway, Golden now has one more source of protein for her snacking. She'll be sick of peanuts shortly if she isn't already.

4 comments:

T said...

Peanuts are a great snack, my kids love them! :)

GoldenSunrise said...

I am getting annoyed with the stack of peanuts sitting on the table. I am going to throw them away soon. : )

Jadee said...

OMG...you DID get your "share" of peanuts! How many Flyer Miles were you able to accumulate? =D

f o r r e s t said...

Don't throw them away, just eat them.