Thursday, January 19, 2006

four days to go

I start classes on Monday. This is the first time that I am officially a student in over five years.

Yesterday I paid my tuition for the first semester. I think that was the first indication to me how serious this is. When I got home and checked my personal email I had an email from one of my professors saying that an assignment for the first day's class is on a blackboard at the school. That was the second indication that this is serious. I don't know why he didn't bother emailing the assignment instead of only having it put up at the school. The next indication will be when I receive the textbook that I ordered two weeks ago but haven't received yet.

As I said before, I know that this is something that I am supposed to do. I don't know why I know it. I just do. As the responsibility of school approaches and I still have work, family, and church to consider, I am starting to feel my schedule being a little closed in. I know I am going to need God's and Golden's support. I am also probably going to need reminded every once in a while that I am supposed to be doing that. I'll leave that part in God's hands.

8 comments:

shakedust said...

I just talked to someone else who is going to KU. Apparently there is a web site called "Blackboard" where assignments may be posted. That wasn't made clear in the email I received, though.

f o r r e s t said...

funny! it's amazing, the changes, in 5 years removed from higher learner.

GoldenSunrise said...

You have my support. I will do what I can to make life less stressful.

Anonymous said...

thankyou my dear golden.

To make life less stressful, I will need you to do the following:

one backrub and footrub daily.
a hot meal at 5:30 sharp, good brain power food preferred.
a clutter free house so I can study.
a fridge stocked full of mountain dew for those all-nighters.
no more cats.
new clothes picked out so I look cool in school.
a new jayhawk sweatshirt to show off my school spirit.
an occassional napolean dynamite quote to keep my spirits up.

that is a good start

shakedust said...

I should never have told Forrest how to spoof someone's login. There is one way to tell if a post from me is from me. If you don't see a picture of the back of my head, someone else posted it.

Doc said...

Actually those suggestions if enacted would have made school a lot easier!

shakedust said...

Not that I don't want any of that. :)

Especially after Golden said none of that would be a big deal.

Jadee said...

Well if the assignments are posted on the Blackboard website...then you might be learning car repair if you got to my blogsite instead...LOL!