Monday, January 09, 2006

annual review

It is annual review time where I work. In years past I had to fill out page after page of how I thought I ranked in specific skills and abilities. This year I just had to provide three lists similar to what I have included below.

Accomplishments During 2005

  • Single-handedly saved the company $25 million in ways that are impossible to verify
  • Posted 159 original and not-so-original thoughts on my blog
  • Mastered the art of using a lot of words without saying a whole lot
  • Worked with a group that performed almost daily system and network stress tests (played Quake III)
  • Learned to accept myself the way I am (and not not strive for anything greater)
  • Kept up with something like 15 TV shows without the aid of a DVR
  • Didn't get fired, laid off, or quit

Summary of Strengths

  • Can now bench press 35 pounds
  • Can whip out a wicked pun in no time
  • Can figure out which side is my left in just two tries
  • Can walk and chew gum (just not at the same time)
  • Always honest (except right now)
  • Laid back
  • Uptight
  • Loyal (this is actually one I used)

Areas for Improvement

  • Check with Golden (someone at work gave me that idea)
  • Need to stop using wicked puns
  • Nunchucks skills
  • Bowhunting skills
  • Computer hacking skills
  • Most importantly, I need to figure out how to raise a kid

4 comments:

f o r r e s t said...

I hate those list!

GoldenSunrise said...

You forgot: ability to sit in a recliner all evening without getting up. Is that a strength or an area of improvement? :)

shakedust said...

From my perspective it is a strength and accomplishment for 2005. From Golden's it is an area for improvement. :)

Dash said...

If you figure out the nunchucks, let me know. I've always seen them as being one bad move away from a painfull self-inflicted injury.

On the plus side, your demonstrated ability to approach statistical questions as if they were multiple choice is staggering ... if not successfull.