Monday, January 30, 2006

cat crap fever

Now that Golden is pregnant I have taken on the responsibility of cleaning the cat's litter box. Actually, it might be more accurate to say the responsibility was forced on me due to Golden pointing out to me the possible complications that a pregnant woman can have if she is exposed to used kitty litter.

Up until this point I was dealing with the cat decently. I didn't mess with her and she didn't mess with me. Now I am messing with her messes. There are a couple of reasons why that isn't any fun.

First, I would like to know how the digestive system of such a small cat (she was the runt of the litter) can process so much waste. Either she is eating and drinking too much or she is passing major organs every couple of days. I am sure I saw a kidney yesterday.

Second, the cat's urine doesn't smell great when it is in the litter box, but to scoop the stuff out is to release an odor on that area of the house that feels more like a curse than a smell. The throat heaves, the eyes water, and the face uncontrollably grimaces when that foul concoction spreads.

I don't remember this smell and I don't remember all the waste before I was cleaning her litter box, so I am convinced she can control it and is out to get me. It isn't paranoia if it's true.

5 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

Maybe if it is cleaned more frequently, the foul odor wouldn't build up so much. : )

f o r r e s t said...

I am glad I don't have a cat!

Dash said...

... your next challenge will be to take care of a "walking litter box" that throws up on your shoulder and doesn't' stay put in one part of the house.

Jadee said...

Gotta love Dash's comment! My thoughts exactly while I was reading the post.

The one good thing about kids is....that they do learn to walk, talk, and wipe their own butts! =D

roamingwriter said...

I thought litter box duty had improved in the years since I've had to do it. I always procrastinated to the point I was lucky the trash bag didn't break on the way to the garage. That was fun.