Friday, July 01, 2005

cruciverbalist

I am a cruciverbalist. Any time I go on a trip of any length I bring along a book of crossword puzzles that Mrs Dust bought for me a couple of Christmas's ago and work through them when I have (five letters, a fifth tire) time. As I am going on a short trip to see (six letters, a class) this weekend, so will my crossword puzzle book.

Thing is, I am not a crossword puzzle purist. If I can't (six letters, "______ eight") out a section of the puzzle, I am more than willing to look up the answer to a clue in the answer to move things along. This is because I don't think it is relaxing fun to stare at a page for twenty minutes to try to determine the spelling for some (six letters, to cut green beans into strips before cooking) town. As a result, I don't like doing the newspaper crosswords that come with the text, "Answers Next Week," or something to that effect. Mrs Dust thinks I am cheating, but I disagree.

If nothing else, doing crosswords has added to my (ten letters, Tarzan had a small one) several four and five letter words containing a lot of (six letters, they can be bought from Sajak). Now I can construct meaningful sentences such as, "I will elide your idea as I puree the oleo on the dais."

Oh yeah, and I had every intention of posting this even before Jadee posted the cruciverbalist description on her site.

4 comments:

windarkwingod said...

You're hilarious! My favorite newspaper thing is in the Sunday newspaper Life Magazine insert. On the back page is the "What has changed in these two photos" puzzle. I love looking for objects that have vanished or T-shirts that have changed color. Also pureed oleo makes a great smoothie. Actually, I've been considering the idea of Salad Smoothies. You could put all lettuce, garbanzo beans, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, bacon bits etc... in the blender and use salad dressing as the lubricating vehicle. Nothing more satisfying than quaffing a chilled glass of French Dressing smoothie on a hot day...

Jadee said...

Aahh...so glad I could contribute some material for your daily post!

BTW, you said yourself that you were a cruciverbalist and didn't even know what the word was...LOL!

roamingwriter said...

Crosswords make me aware how ignorant I am of pop culture. So of course if I do one I have to look at the answers. The last time I tried one was out of the airline magazine when flying.

shakedust said...

FYI... the answers for my post are below.

1. five letters, a fifth tire: spare
2. six letters, a class: family
3. six letters, "______ eight": figure
4. six letters, to cut green beans into strips before cooking: French
5. ten letters, Tarzan had a small one: vocabulary
6. six letters, they can be bought from Sajak: vowels