Monday, July 11, 2005

a case of the mondays

I have never really been a fan of Sunday nights. A large reason for that is that Monday morning is around the corner. I generally have a difficult time going to sleep on Sunday night due to my thoughts of what I will need to do in the upcoming week, then on Monday morning it can be difficult to get up and face the things I have to do in the upcoming week. I am apparently not really a fan of Monday mornings, either.

I just had a conversation with a coworker where we both confirmed we agree on this matter and that our feelings probably have little to do with how we like our jobs. Work can never compare to even an abnormally lousy weekend. However, a more stressful job is harder to face at the beginning of the week.

In a funny twist this morning Mrs Dust got to face Monday morning an hour early today. Her alarm clock got set an hour fast somehow (we aren't sure how at this point), and her alarm went off a little after 6 instead of 7. She started to wake me up at what she thought was the normal time for me then realized what time it really was. When we talked about it this morning she didn't sound too upset about it, which I find odd. I would have been very upset to lose an hour's sleep on a Monday morning. So long as the hour is at 6AM and not 12AM I would be upset, that is.

8 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

What Dust didn't say was that when I realized I was up an hour early, I went back to bed. I set the alarm again to go off in an hour. Maybe he didn't know that.

shakedust said...

Anything that happens in the morning before work is a blur, so I didn't know whether Golden went back to bed or not.

f o r r e s t said...

I am not/nor ever have been a fan of Sunday nights. The weekend is over and there is a sense of drudge for the coming Monday morning. One has to get their mindset ready for work or school. I much prefer Thursday nights-my mind is looking forward to the weekend and I am happy to got to work to get it over with and kick off the weekend.

Dash said...

We stayed out 'till midnight last night. After we got home, T and I just "had" to challenge each other to a not-so-quick game of Bejewled2.

Needless to say, this morning was a bit of a slow starter ... I fell asleep in the shower. So as I raced - rather slowly - to work, I wondered:

1. Will I make it there in time for my first conference call?

2. What will I have missed that I will be expected to know during my first call (and related bluffing strategies)?

3. Will my boss, who is also on the call (and can view both possible entry points from her office and the smoking patio) have noticed that I'm late?

Life is good - this Monday I came out unscathed! I dialed in right on time - completey caught up - with the knowledge that my boss had called in and wasn't in the building ... or the smoking patio.

Two bonus positives from all this:

Bonus 1: I got to tell my boss's boss (a.k.a. my "grand-boss") that my boss was - quite irresponsibly - out of the office, but that I would be covering for her in addition to my other planet-saving activities.

Bonus 2: I had my best time/score results for Bejewled2.

It's good to be tired.

roamingwriter said...

Woke up early thinking about language school, then fell back asleep for 30 minutes. I swear those are the hardest minutes of sleep sometimes and it's the most startling awakening from the alarm clock too. It's like being jerked awake in the middle of the night or something.

T said...

Monday's aren't bad for me at the moment....but I currently have Monday's off, so it's like having the recoup day you need for the weekend every week! I love Mondays!

Jadee said...

Well, when ya'll wake up early, PLEASE call me!! I have been struggling to get to work on time. But I have grown immune to my alarm clock and literally would NOT hear it. So I am back to using the radio now. After college, I had to switch from the radio to the buzzer! Yaawwnn!

windarkwingod said...

Monday morning for us comes at 11pm Sunday evening your time.