Wednesday, June 29, 2005

when the world is your toilet

Today as I was walking out the door I noticed a large black dog making in the neighbor's yard across the street. I am pretty sure that neighbor doesn't have a dog, so I walked out to my car suspiciously.

As I approached my car the dog, which had started walking slowly down the road, turned and bayed at me while he was about ten to fifteen feet away from me. I wasn't really scared, but I was trying to be realistically alert because I figured the dog might consider me someone who is invading its personal space. At that moment a woman standing in front of a house two houses down from my across-the-street neighbor and talking to another woman called to the dog and he came running.

Am I the only person who sees something wrong with this picture? A large dog which may be domesticated but is still a large dog is consciously allowed to romp around the neighborhood and take a dump wherever it feels. I guess I am just not an animal person.

7 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

I witnessed this event, and was somewhat worried about Dust walking out to the car. I thought the dog might be a pit bull.

That was somewhat irresponsible of the owners to let the dog run wild down the neighborhood. I am going to check where I step the next time I walk out to the front yard. I might find a poop pile.

Dash said...

I spent the weekend at my Dad's with Sammy the Wonder Dog. I feel for you.

T said...

And a weekend with Sammy's poop in less then desirable places.

f o r r e s t said...

I see a little midnight suprise in the form of doggie poo in a brown bag on a neighbors porch under their door in the near future.

Dash said...

Make sure you light the bag on fire, then ring the doorbell. When they answer they will have to stomp on the bag (hopefully in sandals or slippers)

heheheheh

Jadee said...

Go work a crossword puzzle so you can get off the potty talk...LOL!

Course, you would probably complete the puzzle while IN the restroom!

roamingwriter said...

As a kid, we lived in a neighborhood with a giant Irish wolfhound that ran the area. My dad ran him off or aggravated him in someway, and he returned to take a giant size dump on our stairs coming out of the house. Huge. You can't tell me that dog didn't know what it was doing.