Monday, June 13, 2005

let's jam

I got slowed down on the way to work today due to an accident. In normal circumstances this is not really a big deal and definitely not something worth commenting on here. However, the accident was on the northbound lanes of the highway and I was southbound. There is a large patch of grass between the north and south traffic as well, so there was no chance that any part of the accident even came close to the southbound lanes. The entire traffic jam on my side of the road was caused by rubbernecking!

For my sake, please keep this in mind. If you have to slow down significantly to see if there are serious injuries in the accident or if you might be prone to cause a second accident, it probably isn't worth taking the chance. It certainly isn't worth the chance if you are somewhere between my house and my office from 7:30AM to 8:00AM.

1 comment:

GoldenSunrise said...

I hear this complaint a lot from Dust. I think he was just waiting for the opportunity to write about rubbernecking. I had no clue what that word meant nor had I ever heard it used before in a sentence until Dust told me. I tend to gawk at accidents that I see on the road. I usually get a good look because Dust is usually driving.