Wednesday, April 30, 2008

cat away

At some point in the past few weeks I noticed a cat around our front porch. It is frequently there when I leave for work in the morning or when I arrive home. The reason it has selected our front porch has become obvious as there is a gap below our stairs that the cat has apparently made a home.

What I don't know is where this cat came from. Was it born a stray? Did someone get rid of it in a move? It has to either have some hunting skill or some human assistance because it doesn't look like skin and bones yet.

I guess the most important question I should have is what to do about the cat. Do we have any responsibility for this animal just because it decided to pick the space under our porch as its home?


2 comments:

Achtung BB said...

Looks like you have another pet. I picked up a stray once when I was a kid, turned out to be a pretty good cat.

GoldenSunrise said...

It doesn't have a collar. But it's a big cat--so like you said, I think someone is feeding it or did feed it. It runs away from us when we get close. I guess it just likes to play at our house.