Thursday, November 01, 2007

this halloween

Yesterday was NJ's first Halloween in a costume. Golden had picked a cow costume for him. He even had a cowbell (so, no, he didn't need more cowbell). He didn't really like wearing the costume, but he did look good in it.
I debated whether to recycle a costume to wear at work for a while. I finally decided on putting together a "royal flush" costume that consisted of a purple robe, a scepter, a crown (with a toilet handle), and a toilet seat. Generally, in judging a costume for an adult I think there are three things to consider.
  1. Cleverness/Originality
  2. Appearance
  3. Nerdiness/Obscurity of Subject Matter
As is usually the case, I think my costume was relatively strong in originality, but was a little weaker in appearance and was a bit nerdy. Fortunately, in my office originality is more valued than appearance or avoiding nerdy subject matters.

I used spray paint to make my crown and scepter gold. I should have thought twice before doing this. I had a splitting headache all day and I am convinced it is from being in my office throughout the day with those two items.

Also, I carved a pumpkin. As should be obvious, it is a pumpkin inside a pumpkin inside a pumpkin. I though it was an original idea, but my understanding is that this was discussed last year, so it must have soaked into my subconsciousness. Regardless, this is the result.
While it was a fun enough Halloween, I am always content to have completed the holiday.

3 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

It was a neat Halloween. Trying to keep NJ from not crying through Hallelujah House was a challenge.

Portland wawa said...

I love the costume. NJ looks more like sunrise everytime I see him. Nice pumpkin carving too. We don't bother with knives, just markers.
Our halloween consisted of trick-or-treating around the neighborhood. Less chaotic than going to the Hallelujah House, but I think we all missed it. I had trouble keeping Nibbles in her costume as well. She kept taking her antenna hat off (she was a ladybug).

Achtung BB said...

Cute picture. Did anyone take your picture? That should be posted.