Saturday, November 17, 2007

important day

There are two notable things about today.

First, I asked Golden out for our first date ten years ago today. We celebrated last night with dinner and a movie. It was nice to have a night when we didn't need to worry about NJ, so we greatly appreciate our sitter giving us so much time.

It's hard to believe that it was ten years ago that I left a note with Golden telling her I was interested in her and asking if she was too. Kind of a high school thing to do, but I was eighteen.

Just about everyone I have mentioned this to has responded with, "You still keep track of when you started dating?" I don't usually feel like a sentimental fool.

Also, this is my sister's birthday. It was not on purpose that I asked Golden out on my sister's birthday so I would remember the date better, but it did work out conveniently. I should probably call my sister to wish her well shortly.

Happy birthday, Miss Carisma, and happy ten years, Golden!

5 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

Happy ten years to you! Happy Birthday Carisma!

T said...

10 years, that's pretty cool. I know the date when dash and I met and then when we first went out...but we were camp counselors together, so it's easy to remember too. I usually mention it around that time, but we don't usually celebrate. I think it's a cool thing to know and do! :)

Achtung BB said...

I'm not as sure as you, but Wah-Wah and I had our 10 year-first- date annivesary in Oct. Our date was at a coffee shop followed by a movie in my apartment. We watched "Ghost and the Darkness". Very romanitc.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! :o) It was a really nice birthday. I'm still dealing with the shock of being a quarter of a century old, though.

Portland wawa said...

Only a quarter of a century old? You need more seasoning, enjoy the years.

Congrats dust and golden on 10 years. It's weird how BB and I met each other around the same time as you and married around the same time as you too!! But we didn't have kids at the same time.