Saturday, November 03, 2007

lost in store

Most of the time I pride myself on having a reasonable sense of direction. While there are exceptions, I generally have an idea of where I am and where I need to be. One huge exception to this is in a department store.

Today, Golden and I visited the local mall. After we picked up some shoes for me, she looked at clothes for herself and I decided to walk around the mall with NJ to keep him occupied. I was quickly reminded of one of the reasons why I feel so out of place in a mall department store. all I could see was a sea of clothes and it took me a good three to five minutes (an eternity in a department store) to find the entry to the rest of the mall.

I think my problem is that navigation within a department store relies on being able to identify that such and such side of the store is the junior's section and such and such part of the store is the formal section and so forth. I don't pay much attention to the clothes, so I don't usually know where I am. All I really know is that the perfume and cheap jewelry is usually near the mall entrance, and that is where I want to be.

2 comments:

T said...

yeah, I guess if you follow your nose --you'll always know! :)

Achtung BB said...

I gotten lost in those big department stores a couple of times. I hate trying to find the exit where I parked my car is.