Wednesday, November 28, 2007

da da

For a long while, NJ was not too interested in spending time with me and by far preferred to be with Golden. Over the last few weeks he has changed pretty significantly to the point where he frequently gets upset when I leave for work in the morning and he gets very excited when I walk through the front door in the evening. He will even sometimes want me to hold him rather than Golden, though he still usually prefers her.

It is possible that this is just due to him growing out of the phase where he only favors his mom, but I think it is actually because I have been able to spend more time with him in the last few weeks than I was before that. I have been out of class for a month, so I have had a bit more freedom to spend quality time with NJ. I think this improves his perspective of me from someone who occasionally competes with him for his mother's attention to someone to hang out with.

I never really thought much about this element of parenthood. I have to say, though, that there are few things that I enjoy more than coming home to NJ smiling and shouting, "Da Da!" That can get me through any rough day.

7 comments:

f o r r e s t said...

How sweet!

GoldenSunrise said...

NJ laughs more when you are around.

T said...

Cool. It's great when you have more time with them to hang out. That's so much fun.

Achtung BB said...

Woogy kind of went through that phase. Nibbles on the other hand still won't go too far from Wah-Wah.

Anonymous said...

Awwwww! I bet he'll be even more excited to see his aunt at Christmas, though... :o)

Portland wawa said...

Little boys grow to love their daddys over time. They have infinitely more in common with them. Look at Woogy and BB.

roamingwriter said...

My dad worked a lot when I was little but I'd sometimes go to work with him over night and spend time in empty office buildings - weird, spooky and cool too. It's odd the things that stick from childhood and the ones that don't.