Saturday, September 29, 2007

a good clip

Every week as I near Friday I get a little more uncomfortable. Not much, but a little. It isn't even noticeable until Monday night or Tuesday morning, but by Thursday I think about it almost any time I use my fingers for anything but typing. I am of course talking about my lengthening fingernails.

For some reason I cannot stand having long fingernails. I never have. When I was younger, I used to chew my fingernails, but I was reasonably good about doing it in a way that was difficult to notice, because I hate jagged fingernails as much as long fingernails.

I have always and still wonder how people who have long fingernails can stand them. Aren't they always catching on things? Don't they feel weird? Is it really worth having them long?

Now I trim my fingernails every Friday night. Some people go out and do more social things, but how can a night on the town compare to five minutes with fingernail trimmers. It simply can't.

4 comments:

Achtung BB said...

A lot of my dates in college said that need to stay home and cut their nails instead of going out. Now I know they were serious.

T said...

Here I was looking forward to a movie we could add to the queue! :(

GoldenSunrise said...

I have been doing NJ's fingernails on the weekend too. We are such an exciting family!

f o r r e s t said...

I don't get the whole chewing your nails thing.