Monday, September 17, 2007

name that band

Each picture below represents a band name. Not all of the bands are still together, but more than one still is. All of the bands are very well known, so don't be thinking of obscure musicians.

As an example of what I am getting at, if I displayed a few images of Sisyphus pushing a rock up a hill, you could answer that this represented The Rolling Stones. That would also probably be one of the easier pictures to guess.

I did not plan it this way, but I think the pictures start easier and get progressively harder. Others may differ on that opinion.

I will provide the answers tomorrow in the comments. Feel free to try to guess the answers before then, though.
  1. This is easier when approached from my perspective.

  2. I never claimed to be an artist. Even so, it should be obvious that these are sheep. What does that have to do with anything, though?

  3. Aren't they cute? I mean the birds, not the politicians.

  4. Are there any card games where you only hold three cards? I only displayed these three cards because this clue is difficult enough without me throwing extra cards into the mix.

  5. No, I did not mean to make this guy too small for his robe. Again, I am not an artist.
Hopefully I don't need to warn anyone that there is a possibility that someone will throw some guesses out in the comments. So, if you don't want anyone to tell you the answers yet you may not want to read the comments until later.

9 comments:

shakedust said...

I just discussed this with some guys in my office. Apparently #4 was the easiest for everyone here. I honestly thought it would be the most difficult.

GoldenSunrise said...

My guess is The Cranberries for #1. And the Jackson 5 for #4. Maybe the Dixie Chicks.

Anonymous said...

Since you posted the comments spoiler warning, I'm hoping it's okay to post the other two answers:

#2... U2
#5... The Monkees

Fun idea. :o) How did you end up becoming the more creative one of the two of us??? Something's wrong...

(T minus 19 days to vacation.)

f o r r e s t said...

Those were my guesses.

Achtung BB said...

Okay, I got the cranberries (#1)er a few seconds. (#3)The Dixie Chicks definately. (#5) Monkies I can see that. (#2) U2? I don't get that one. Two sheep--what's the connection? I can't figure out #4 either. I don't want to spend all day doing this either, I should probably get back to work.

shakedust said...

I said I'd explain them tomorrow, but since all the right answers are already out there, I'll provide the explanations for anyone who may need them. Plus, I think it is good to have all the answers in one comment.

1. The Cranberries - "crayon berries"
2. U2 - "ewe two"
3. The Dixie Chicks - "Dicks (as in Cheney and Gebhardt) see chicks"
4. The Jackson Five - "jacks and five"
5. The Monkeys - "monk keys"

I understand that most everyone understands most of these, but I do like to make sure there is no confusion.

T said...

Fun!

Portland wawa said...

I didn't figure very many of them out, but I only had a second to look at them.

shakedust said...

Something I have noticed in this post is how I didn't know how to spell "Monkees." I always thought the band was spelled like the animal. Guess not.