Friday, September 14, 2007

survivordust

I'm typing this in front of the TV. When I talked to my mom earlier tonight she asked if I ever watched Survivorman. She isn't sure why she watches it, but we both agreed it is worth watching when nothing else is on. Interestingly enough, there is not much else on, so that is what I am watching.

For those who have never seen the show, a guy is dropped in the wild somewhere for a week alone with cameras and he tries to find ways to best survive until he is "rescued." Some of the places he has been dropped have not appeared too bad, but most of them do not look fun at all.

When I watch a show like this I am reminded how much of an indoor person I really am. I probably would not survive a lot of these scenarios that I see on TV. Things like eating raw meat, going on very little water, being alone for days on end, and being exposed to the heat and cold of the outdoors do not exactly appeal to me.

It would be cool to know I could survive if I somehow got lost in the Overland Park wilderness between my house and the office and had to live off the land for a few days. I guess I'm just going to have to take my chances travelling through Blue Valley.

5 comments:

f o r r e s t said...

I don't think you could survive either.

I like these shows to take in the info...ya know, just in case I got lost in Shawnee Mission Park.

I prefer Man vs. Wild. I think it is just the personality of the survivor.

Dash said...

Last season, Survivorman got busted for going back to the hotel with the film crew at the end of the day. Technically he never lied about, he'd just show how to build a "semi-comfortable shelter to stay the night in" .... and then not sleep in it.

From the commercials I saw for this year, it looks like he might really be roughing it.

Speaking of Surviving..... How's The Survivor China game going? I've been studying up and N might want to play this year.

shakedust said...

Actually, I thought it was Bear Grylls of Man vs Wild that was busted. :)

I knew I was supposed to do something this weekend. I'll let you know in a few days how the Survivor site is going.

Achtung BB said...

You better watch yourself in Blue Valley. It's a regular Amazon.

Portland wawa said...

The wilds of Johnson County for some, including BB when we lived there, would be no TV, no air, no ipod or cell phone, and no BBQ. BB would truly not survive those conditions, I think. How would you do?