Wednesday, September 26, 2007

all thumbs

Of the things that frustrate me, among the most inane has to be my irritation of taking one copy of a handout and handing the rest of the copies on. In class last night my professor kept on passing out handout after handout. Every time the stack of handouts got to me I would awkwardly fumble around with the papers, finally work one out of the pile, and hand the now dishevelled stack of handouts to my neighbor.

I have the same problem when I am asked to help hand out papers in church to the congregation as an usher. I have the hardest time counting out the number of cards or papers that need to be handed to each row, so I go slower than a lot of other people.

I am not sure why I have trouble with this, but I think it is a combination of poor hand-eye coordination and stubby fingertips. I have a hard time being very accurate with keyboards as well, so the two artre probvabl;y rewlatewd.

4 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

Try licking your thumbs when trying to pick up a paper or handing out paper. Hopefully people won't be too skeeved out by that. : )

f o r r e s t said...

I thought you always spell checked your posts. You might want to look at the last few words. I believe there is a typo.

T said...

so would that be 10 thumbs up from you? :)

Achtung BB said...

I've got pretty short fingers, butow I donb't habe the proble,s typehing lije yolu do.