Wednesday, February 07, 2007

what a waste

Johnson County Wastewater has an option to pay one time a year rather than once a month. It saves hassle, so I always go ahead and pay it that way. Because I only pay it once a year, though, I don't see the bill that often.

When I paid our yearly bill last night I noticed that it gets shipped to Kansas City, Missouri. Why is that? Shouldn't it get shipped somewhere in Johnson County? Does Johnson County ship sewage to Kansas City as well? That gave me an idea for some potential mottos for KCMO, if the city were actually receiving our sewage.*
  • Kansas City: Taking Johnson County's crap since 1936.
  • Kansas City: Send us your money. No ifs, ands, or butts.
  • Kansas City: A city is a terrible thing to waste.
  • Kansas City: What you smell is progress, among other things.
  • Kansas City: Flushed with opportunity.
  • Kansas City: We're number 1 and number 2.
  • Kansas City: It's what you make of it.
* Mottos do not reflect the author's actual opinions of the fine metropolis of Kansas City, Missouri.

3 comments:

T said...

Funny! Amazing where the brain will take us with just one small detail!

GoldenSunrise said...

You're a clever guy! You should be writing editorials for newspapers or magazines.

Achtung BB said...

I think you missed your calling as a humor writer