Sunday, November 26, 2006

sick - thanksgiving pt 1

Each post this week is in regard to a specific event surrounding my Thanksgiving break. This is post one in the series.

When Golden got home on Wednesday T let her know that NJ was starting to get feverish. He wasn't that bad until we got to Springfield, and actually slept a little on the trip. Once we got there, though, he would not go back to sleep and he acted like he was having trouble breathing. He kept crying and squealing because he was so tired. There was some debate about what to do, and a consensus was finally reached to visit the local walk in clinic.

NJ didn't have any infections, so the main value of the visit was some peace of mind about his health, but it does count as the first (of what I am sure will be many) time we had to have an illness checked out late at night.

Throughout the visit with the grandparents NJ battled with sinus congestion, but such is the life of someone who inherited Golden's and my sinuses. Sorry, NJ.

On a related note, I am posting this on Sunday night rather than my usual Monday morning because I got whatever NJ has (or had). The symptoms I am experiencing are more severe than most colds that I am used to, so there is an outside chance of me calling in to work sick tomorrow and not having the opportunity to post this at my normal time from the office.

5 comments:

windarkwingod said...

I'm still on round 2 of antibioticos. There was a VIRULENT bug that hit a large portion of us. Mine turned into a throat infection. No doubt there are strains over in your pueblo tambien.

shakedust said...

Yeah, that sounds similar to what I've got. This morning I assessed my health and decided I was just healthy enough that I should go in to work, but not healthy enough that I won't feel crappy thoughout the day. Very disappointing.

Anonymous said...

Bummer. Sorry you're not feeling well.

We spent several hours in the emergency room with our N when she was a baby. We just missed the clinic (literally--they sent us away because they were closing.) She had a temp of 104. The ER got us in 4 hours later. They sent us home telling us to bath her in cool bath and give her tyelenol. (Gee, why didn't I think of that?)

We'll endure many things for peace of mind when it comes to our children.

Achtung BB said...

Sorry to hear everyone is sick. There's not much you can do for kids when they are that young except ride it out

Dash said...

I'm working from home today ... not so much because I'm too sick to work ... but because people were starting to break out the lysol spray after hearing me cough yesterday afternoon.

The kids seem to be over it and T is a lot better, so I figure If I can keep from reinfecting my family ... coworkers wouldn't be in danger. Oh well, its a good excuse for wearing sweats all day.