Wednesday, November 22, 2006

is anyone out there?

I don't really have a typical post today or for the rest of the week given that I will be at Golden's family's house over the weekend. I just have an informal question. Has anyone noticed that things have slowed down dramatically over the last month or so in our little blog world?

Comments haven't totally dried up, but I am getting the feeling that perhaps there is a widely held feeling that either this is getting boring or that this isn't as important as it once was. It could be that several people are just taking a break at the same time. At this time I have no plans to change my habits on the blogs, but if I notice it continuing to slow down I'll probably reduce my posting to two or three a week rather than four a week since it seems like overkill when compared with most of the other blogs.

Don't read this as a complaint. It is actually me trying to test the waters to see what is happening out there. I'd like to keep the blogs going as long as possible because I think they are incredibly valuable, so I want to make sure my routines are encouraging rather than discouraging people to continue to post their thoughts.

So... what are your thoughts? Are things really slowing down? Is it just temporary? Should I keep my current pace or should I slow down a bit?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm T and I'm a blogger! :)

That being said, even I have dropped significantly on my posts and comments. Sometimes it's not that I haven't read, but more that I don't know what to say in a comment. I tend to rely on others to comment first in that case.

HOWEVER, this past week or two I have been busier and the kids have been sick, so I guess I took a break without even meaning too!

I agree that blogs are valuable. Don't stop! If you decide to slow down, since most everyone else has dropped off, I understand that too, I think that's effected me more then I thought it would.

I'm not much help, but maybe since I commented others will follow! :)

shakedust said...

That's a good point, too. People shouldn't feel obligated to comment. I often read posts that I don't have anything worthwhile to add.

Achtung BB said...

You are absolutely right. I've actually have time to blog now, but you, t, and Golden are the only ones that ever post anything. What ever happened to Forrest, Taz, and Dash?

GoldenSunrise said...

I think life does get busy for everyone now and then. Keep up the posts.

roamingwriter said...

I love the blog world though I don't get to check as often as I'd like. My goal is to do something once a week on mine.

I agree it has slowed down dramatically. I can run through and check everyone's in a few minutes and it used to take me an hour. My last two posts have gotten almost no comments. I thought maybe I just slowed down so much no one was coming to mine any more.

I still like it even when I can't keep up. Of course for me it's a matter of knowing what is going on with our friends at home that I find important and comforting.

roamingwriter said...

I would add that Dar has been sick for a couple weeks so that's why he has dropped off. He'll be back though. He's doing better.

shakedust said...

Roamer, we've commented but you have moderation on. That means you have to approve comments before they are displayed. :)

windarkwingod said...

I'm back. I think I got into a rut of making my comments a full-blown feature article and I couldn't keep up the pace. I enjoy staying in contact this way. BTW I know there are blurkers out there, and not all of them have I met! I read all your entries and comment on the latest.

roamingwriter said...

Uh, red faced. Didn't mean to turn on moderation...there are lots of comments now. Sorry everyone. Duh, glad to have technical friends in my world!