Thursday, November 16, 2006

morning person

For the first couple of months after NJ was born I thought that he would never sleep. His sleep patterns were relatively random at first, and he did not sleep through much of the night. Now, he commonly sleeps from 7PM to 5 or 6AM. I am mostly thankful because a lot of people have problems with their kids' sleeping habits, but I am also a tad bit frustrated.

NJ's best hours appear to be in the 7AM to 9AM range. This means that when I am getting ready for work I am continually wanting to spend time with him. It also means that I am groggy during his best times. It finally means that I hate leaving home for work because he is in a good mood, and if I get home too late he will already be sleeping.

It's wrong that he is all smiles and jumping up and down in his exersaucer when I have to be headed to the office. It's like a horrible practical joke on a cosmic scale. I guess that is why God made weekends. He was providing me with a consolation prize.

4 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

NJ has been playing when you have gotten home from work. Sorry it's hard to leave him in the mornings.

Anonymous said...

Well SOME people only get to see him once every couple of months. At least you can see him every day!

Anonymous said...

Both my kids were morning people. I am not an early riser. But since kids don't get to choose their schedules I'd prefer them being morning people then night people. At least my kids get up happy and are out the door for school with good attitudes. I was always still asleep as I headed for the bus!

roamingwriter said...

Does this mean you get up early on Saturday to enjoy happy NJ time? Or would that be going too far?