Thursday, October 20, 2005

there was a crooked man

A lot of stuff about my body just doesn't seem right. I've discussed the whole bubble butt thing. I also have a few webbed toes and a distinct cowlick that affects half of my bangs. The abnormality that sticks out the most to me, though, is the fact that most of my fingers and toes are at least a little crooked.

I don't know if this is genetic or if I am just some sort of freak. I know that my grandmother and great aunt both have crooked fingers, but that may be due to arthritis.

When I was growing up I always had a hard time holding pencils correctly. Every pen or pencil that I came in contact with had those little triangular things that are supposed to teach you how to hold a pencil right, but that never worked. To this day I cannot write or draw to save my life, and I suspect a crooked right index finger is to blame. Even if it isn't to blame I am still going to blame it.

I guess when it comes to me the old saying doesn't really work. "When you point at someone else you are pointing three fingers back at yourself." For me it should be, "If I am pointing at you I am actually trying to point at the person to your right."

2 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

Does your crooked fingers drive your OCD crazy?

Is Autum the crooked cat that wants to catch the crooked mouse? Do we have a crooked house?

f o r r e s t said...

some sort of repetitive action causes that crookedness. My toes are crooked, because I have worn shoes my whole life.

Did you ride your bike a lot?