Monday, October 17, 2005

ahem, cough, wheeze

I have been coughing a bit lately and I am not sure *Cough* why. I haven't had a serious cold recently, though my sinuses were acting up a few days ago. The problem is that every time I get a cough like this the cough lingers for weeks *Cough* or months. The coughs are spaced infrequently, but they are often enough to drive Golden up the wall. The first time I got this cough after we were married she accused me of coughing on purpose to *Cough* annoy her.

I have tried a few remedies. I have found *Cough* that tea works temporarily, but very temporarily. When I went to see a doctor a few years ago he acted like I was faking it and prescribed a light steroid *Cough* that didn't work, but only cost me five dollars. In the past NyQuil Cough has worked but I can only take that late at night because it knocks me out. It *Cough* also tastes horrible.

I wonder if Golden realized that this is what "in sickness and in health" meant. If she had known this she may have stricken the phrase from our vows. *Cough*

13 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

maybe I should be more sensitive about your coughs..

Sometimes your coughs sound forced, like you really didn't need to cough. If there is a tickle in your throat, try a cough drop. ; )

shakedust said...

To be fair, I do a lot of things with the purpose of annoying Golden. Coughing usually isn't one of them.

T said...

this cough annoys golden more then you?!

f o r r e s t said...

good luck!
Achewh!

Dash said...

I have heard Dust's cough on Thursday nights and other occasions. I agree that it does sound like an attention getter when he's working on a point. For example:

"I am, for what it's worth, *cough* a realist. This differs from pesimism *cough* in that I allow for the possibility of a positive outcome *cough* no matter how unlikely."

Still, I have complete faith in Dust's honesty, so if he say's it's involunatary - I belive him.

**sniffle sniffle**

gigi said...

put lots of honey in your tea...

Dash said...

Oh and by the way ....

If the people of this great nation had seen my feet, they would cry out as one for me to wear white ankle socks with my sandals and blue jeans.

My mom and I never had the socks 'n sandals conversation - then again, I never wore sandals until I was away at school. I spent nearly an entire semester without shoes. I miss those days. Maybe I should cast of all those materialistic trappings and run free as the Lord intended .... then again, maybe He intended that I wear socks.

f o r r e s t said...

Just refrain from wearing sandals....
(good one t-bop)

Dash, if you must wear socks and sandals- can I urge you to go out and by a few pairs of colored wool socks. You can get a little creative as there are many styles and patterns.

Dash said...

Oh, but I forgot to mention...

I have "liberty" from all taboos. Since the socks/sandals thing didn't end up in Exodus 20 - I'm free to wear what I'd like,

right?

shakedust said...

Since you are no longer under Law, you wouldn't be bound by the socks/sandals thing even if it were mentioned in Exodus 20. *cough*

Unless it was not acting in love toward God or your neighbor...

Stephanie said...

Dust, Magrelo always thinks I'm faking it too. It annoys me that he thinks that. He also says I cough like his mom. And she is WAY more annoying than I could ever dream of being.

Anonymous said...

I do not appreciate being called annoying, stephanie!

Doc said...

A little biblical wine for your...cough. Other alcoholic beverages work as well. Robitussin with Codeine also is useful, available over the counter in Canada.