Saturday, October 15, 2005

gmat was just the start

Apart from the typical Saturday stuff I did today I have been trying to get loose ends dealt with regarding my graduate school application. I have until November 1st to have my application complete and there is a lot of stuff for me to do. To be precise, there are ten steps to the application process, though two are not applicable to me. Two of the steps rely on someone mailing me something to me, so those are the ones that I am most uptight about. There is just too much that can go wrong in the process.

As I am going through the list of steps I half expect to see, "Mail left index finger from the second knuckle up and include a self-addressed stamped envelope for its return."

Somehow I know this is all going to work out, because it is one of the few things that I have committed to that just feels right. As someone who occasionally operates on doubt I don't really have any as to whether I should do this. I just have doubt as to how much of a sacrifice getting the degree is going to be.

I also have that lingering fear that I will get the application sent then find out on November 2nd that I was not accepted due to something stupid like me sending the application to the wrong address. That is stupid, though. The Kansas state abbreviation is KA, right?

4 comments:

T said...

It's the left index finger? Well, you don't need that one anyway...right?!

I know what you mean about being uptight about having to rely on other people to send stuff. That would drive me crazy. But I am sure as long as you send it to KA you'll get accepted with flying colors! It's after getting accepted that things become tricky!

windarkwingod said...

Graduate School - Awesome! What degree subject? I have one major personal goal to get a Master's in a history subject. I'm too old to use it, but it would be fun to rip into learning again. I'm thinking Roman Empire or classical history or something. Some Day perhaps. Also, there is an essay online somewhere called the "Tyranny of the Cool." I can't remember anything other than the title, but it fits into this debate.

shakedust said...

Just an MBA. Not quite as exciting, but more useful at the moment. :)

Stephanie said...

"just an MBA", no biggie!