Saturday, October 01, 2005

ding, ding, ding

I bet you think this is going to be a post about a bell or a ball peen hammer or something like that. If you do think that you are wrong. Ha!

Not long ago I noticed that the rear door on the passenger side of my car that I have had for all of seven months has three widely spaced dings on it. No other door has any dings, and they are obviously from three different people on three different occassions opening a rear driver side door and banging my car with it. While this is a logical deduction, it makes no sense to me.

My car does not get parked in parking lots other than my work parking lot very frequently, and if it got dinged at work I would assume that one of the front doors would show the brunt of the damage. Who rides in the back seat in a car on the way to work any more?

In case you haven't figured out, the picture below is a reflection off one of the dinged areas of my car door. It is difficult to take a picture of a defect in a reflective surface, but the triangular shaped white spot is one of the dings.

My problem now is how to deal with this. I have not looked into the cost of getting it fixed, but since my car is black I don't think it would be hard to get the correct color of touch-up paint. It's just that I am too lazy to take that step.

4 comments:

T said...

Better get use to dings, assuming that you still intend for the back doors to be used at some "far in the future" date!

Actually my van is black and when I bought it I was bugged that it had scratches on it. My parents told me that it was not a big deal--I needed to get over it, so I did! For the most part, although I still see them and think to myself, people are going to think I can't drive!

But I guess that's as far as my worries go because I'll never pay to have them fixed and I'm not into buying the black fingernail polish--not my choice of colors!

GoldenSunrise said...

car and traffic blogs are boring
: ) I am sorry about the dings. I promise it wasn't me.

shakedust said...

No respect. :)

f o r r e s t said...

You mean you have a dent, right?
because...
ding, ding, ding goes the trolley...