Friday, October 28, 2005

tgis

Lately, we have been shorthanded at the office. Two people are on a medical leave, several people have moved to other departments or companies, we have had a few days where several people were on vacation or sick leave at the same time, and I am working with two different teams within my department, so I am feeling a little stretched thin.

From my discussions with other acquaintances working for other companies, it sounds like I am not the only person who is reaching the end of his rope. I have heard a lot of people recently say that they have considered looking elsewhere for work. This is not really an option that I am considering because I need to count on my employer to cover the majority of my grad classes bills, plus I hate the whole job searching process.

I said that to say this. Thank God that it is Saturday. I think I am not the only one who needs the weekend, but even if I am the only one I still need it.

4 comments:

T said...

I needed it and even though my camping trip was cut short, I'm very glad to have had the weekend I had. It was GRRRRREAT!

Doc said...

I can relate. Thank God for the concept of the Sabaath. Sometimes I need more than one per week!

f o r r e s t said...

it is hard for me to understand people who like to work late into the night and on weekends.

Dash said...

Be carefull throwing expressions like "TGIS" around. You might bring another midiocre resturaunt into existence.