Saturday, October 22, 2005

gray day

Golden and I ran a few errands this morning, which typically puts us in a good mood because we have a laid back time to laugh and talk while we go around town. One thing that kind of got to me today, though, was the weather. It was (and still is) very gray outside, and that always messes with my head. It makes me want to close all the blinds and stay indoors for the rest of the day.

I don't know why this is, but I have always had trouble keeping a good mood on overcast days. I suppose it could be the fact that it is colder on those days. It could be that the light is a little weird and so my body doesn't know whether it is nighttime or daytime. It could just be that I have a bad attitude.

I have to focus on the positive, though. I love Saturdays when I have no real responsibility, and that trumps the quality of sunlight on any day. Even today.

4 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

Staying indoors was a good idea. Especially during the rain.

T said...

yeah, the kids and I went to the store in the rain. BAD idea!

Dash said...

I stayed in and watched a really terrible horror movie on Sci-Fi (starring Judd Nelson if you can believe it). The weather made it perfect. I love rainy fall days ... unless I'm setting up or taking down tents. If it would dry up just for those few minutes, I would have the weather like this all year long.

Even Christmas

Doc said...

I love gray, cold, dreary days. I wouldn't want them all the time, but I appreciate them when they do occur. I would not like "perfect" weather every day. That would be monotonous and dull. Variety in weather helps me appreciate each extreme more fully.