Wednesday, September 28, 2005

jack

Golden and I have been watching Lost quite a bit lately and something has stuck out to both of us. I am like Jack, who is one of the main characters. This actually isn't one of those posts where I go on and on about how great people like me are. The reason is that neither of us noticed the similarities at the beginning of the series when Jack was a nearly perfect character. Once they started pointing to his flaws the similarities started.
  • Jack has very cold view of the world. If there is a 1% chance of something good happening, it is about the same as if there is a 0% chance of something good happening.
  • If someone expresses a belief that there is something supernatural about the island and has evidence for that belief, Jack writes them off as mentally unbalanced.
  • Jack doesn't like to take on full responsibility for operations but does take it on because there seems no other choice. He appears to resent full responsibility.
  • Jack is constantly torn between the popular choice and the right choice. He eventually makes the right choice, but not as easily as he should have.
I could go on, but why would I want to.

4 comments:

T said...

I have yet to watch this show. But I hear good things about it. It's got Charlie from party of 5 on it so it can't be all bad! Right?! I believe in real life his name is wolf or lamb or fox...I believe his last name is fox. Scott Wold was on that show and I thought it was funny the two main guy characters real "stage" names were both animals!

f o r r e s t said...

I love how the show is really character driven and as the episodes continue more is revealed about everybodies character.

Dash said...

ok ... ok ... I give in ...Guess we need to watch it now.... is the first season out on disk yet?


Today's verification word:

jqcts /ja'que'cuts/~ n. The kind of haircut you are likely to get when part of a large line of ethnically diverse men waiting at the barber-shop.

GoldenSunrise said...

T, I believe Mr. Fox plays Jack on Lost. I didn't watch Party of Five so I didn't make the connection.

Also, a guy who played one of the hobbits in LOTR is on the show also.