Monday, March 31, 2008

second announcement

If you haven't seen Golden's site yet you probably don't know the news yet. So, in case you do not already know, we have a second child on the way. Golden is due at the very end of November.

Golden and I have both long believed that having two kids is the ideal number for us. If something happens that causes us to have more, we will enjoy it and love all our kids the same. However, since we both know life with one sibling the best, and since we both doubt that we could retain what little sanity currently have with more than two kids, that number just seems right.

I have asked many parents already how different it is to have two kids rather than just one, and I am amazed that there does not appear to be a consensus on whether a second child adds just a little extra effort or exponentially more effort than the first. In case you haven't figured out, I am hoping that for us having two kids is not much more challenging than having one. I actually think that how NJ interacts with his new sibling is going to have the biggest of any influence on this.

Finally, we do intend on finding out the sex of the baby when we can, but that will probably not happen until some time in June according to my math. I can't wait to find out.

5 comments:

Portland wawa said...

Yes, I just saw Golden's blog. Congrats!! Just wait until BB responds to your blog! Having two kids with two working parents is really, really tough. It is alot of work. But Golden stays home, so hopefully you will have it better than us.

It is kind of interesting that Golden's blog about this is only 1/4 the size of your blog. You always have more to say. It's a definite difference between you two.

Achtung BB said...

"He shoots he scores!" those were words written to me by Forrest when we had our second child. I have my opinions on having siblings (but I never really got along with mine). Every family is different. Having Nibbles put a stress on our family in a way that I wasn't expecting. I guess it was because Woogy was so much easier. Nibbles is a unique baby however. I'm proud to say that Woogy and Nibbles are actually starting to get along. I didn't want Woogy not to have any siblings was the reason we wanted Nibbles, but she has been very difficult to manage at times. Congrats.

GoldenSunrise said...

I am anxious about finding out whether it's a boy or a girl also.

In response to Wah-Wah's comment: I have never been a wordy person. Short, sweet, and to the point. NJ was on my lap at the time I wrote the blog, so that kept it short also.

f o r r e s t said...

Sanity is overrated. Congrats! This is the best gift you can give to NJ. The second one is a breeze and the third is even breezier.

I was easily talked into three, because I had one sibling and thought that it was boring. I would have loved having a brother.

T said...

Congrats! YAY! WooHoo!

For us Nicky was harder then Chan. Chan was an easy baby. Nicky demanded more attention and entertainment then he did/does. I think you're right--how NJ adjusts will also make a difference.

June till we know if it's a boy or a girl? Bummer!