Saturday, March 08, 2008

saturday evening post

This is a little later in the weekend than I usually post, and it's just going to be an update of what is going on.

On Thursday I was supposed to pick up my car at the shop. I left work early to pick it up, then the guy I have been working with noticed a sound from the power steering and told me he'd prefer to keep the car one more day to make sure this wasn't a serious issue. I am thankful that he was willing to check on it, but I was very frustrated that I had to drive out to pick it up again.

On Friday the crew who were to replace the furnace and A/C showed up at the house. I was not there for any of that, so if there are details to share, Golden will have to share them.

Also on Friday I went to see the surgeon who will be performing my gallbladder removal (for those who don't know, I am having my gallbladder removed). He said the test results showed that my gallbladder was "filled with" gall stones. I can apparently rest assured that surgery is the best course of action. I am scheduled to go under the knife early in the morning on March 20th.

A final thing that happened on Friday was that I actually picked up my car after the mechanic bled the power steering lines and determined that there was nothing with my power steering. What was weird was that when I got my Honda Accord loaner I was not entirely comfortable in the car because the blind spots were in different locations and it handled a bit differently. I even mentioned to my sister that I still preferred my car. After driving a recent model car, though, mine feels a bit old. I still plan on holding onto it for several more years, though.

Today we travelled to Springfield to celebrate Golden's mom's birthday. The entertainment for the day has mostly come from NJ.

3 comments:

T said...

Hope you had a great weekend! Sorry to hear about the surgery.

Portland wawa said...

Life sounds a bit frustrating and difficult for you right now. We will keep you in our prayers, especially for your surgery. I am glad it is something that is fixable. Suffering with tummy problems for years and years isn't fun.

Achtung BB said...

Good luck going under the knife. I've done it several times myself, never on my gallbladder. I hear it's not that bad of a surgery.