Wednesday, March 12, 2008

spring forward

In our house it is very rare for all of the clocks to get changed at once on the switchoff between Daylight Savings and Daylight Standard Time and vice versa. It is not uncommon for the next few days to be a little confusing as to what time it really is as I try to remember whether the specific clock that I am looking at has been changed yet or not. Any more, though, it is not the clocks in the house that get me. It is the clock in Golden's car.

Twice a year I change the time in that car and twice a year I forget exactly how it is done. The last time I was trying to figure out how to change the time I was driving through town in the evening. I am sure I was not the most responsible driver as I weaved back and forth in my glances between the road and the dashboard controls. It took about five minutes before I found the right buttons because they are not intuitively set up.

This year I think I'll leave Golden's clock the way it is. That way, if we drive her car somewhere it will look like we are fifty minutes early rather than ten minutes late. That's called turning lemons into lemonade.

4 comments:

Achtung BB said...

I've had a few cars where I can't figure out the clock. It's frustrating.

GoldenSunrise said...

All of the clocks in the house have been set forward now. Maybe I can figure out my car clock.

T said...

We've had car clocks like that! Then again--sometimes it's just the operator! :) lol

Portland wawa said...

BB had to figure out my car clock. It's a stupid, little small button in bottom left corner, unobtrusive, not marked. Who would know?? I almost forgot this year. BB reminded me so I'd get the kids to bed at a decent time so could make to church by 8:30.