Thursday, March 15, 2007

keep in touch

I have moved a lot in my life and I have had a lot of different friends. Every time I have moved I committed to keeping in touch and every time I didn't. It's not that I don't care. It's that I am not good at knowing what to say to one person. Does the person I am writing to care about every minutiae of my life or should I just say, "Everything's going fine?"

Anyway, I created a MySpace account about a month or two ago. It was against my better judgment, but with enough pressure I jumped off that bridge. I like the way Blogger is structured a lot more, so I don't plan on using MySpace much, but I have noticed that it is easy to find old friends on MySpace. In a few weeks' time I have made contact with at least a few friends that I have not contacted in years, I found out two old friends have kids, and I have been overall surprised with how much everyone I find has changed.

If I am ever to "keep in touch" it's probably going to always be through a blog or something of that nature. I am just not able to maintain a long distance friendship in any other way.

4 comments:

T said...

I have noticed that a lot of people my age are not on myspace. I think that my age is right on the edge of high tech vs. low tech. I am surprised not more people are available online. It's a quick easy way to stay in touch.

I've tried calling an old friend from high school lately and she's never home. It's not easy to maintain over miles a friendship. I can see where guys especially would have a hard time with that. Since most guys friendships are based more on current events and movies then what's happening in their families lives (in my opinion.)

Achtung BB said...

I haven't used a lot of myspace. I'm afraid of what I might find. Blogger works good for me

GoldenSunrise said...

I am using myspace as an email service of sorts to keep up with old friends.

roamingwriter said...

I think I'm too old for myspace and in a way I've sort of boycotted it. I've got my hands full keeping up with blogger and our friends here. I guess in my head myspace is almost a youth cult culture, my likely incorrect bias. I think T is right that not everyone , uh hum, of a certain age, does as well with tech connections.