Saturday, March 24, 2007

the islands

Since I am a goal-oriented person I tend to see life as a series of islands between stretches of water. I am always looking forward to the next island. I have always viewed the weekend this way, but I also view things like breaks from school as islands.

When I am approaching an island I get excited. I look forward to slowing down a bit. When I approach the end of an island I get melancholy, because my down time is coming to an end. I am like this now because spring break is coming to an end.

I mentioned earlier that this would be my busiest semester for classes, and this has been true so far. I start again on Monday for a seven week stretch before breaking for the summer. That's a big island, but it's not a short swim to get there.

4 comments:

Achtung BB said...

Life as Islands. Have you been watching too much Survivor?

Unknown said...

Yes.

shakedust said...

Survivor, Lost, and my recent growing fascination with water.

roamingwriter said...

It must be a rough semester - from the outside 7 weeks doesn't sound like that long. Hang in there.