Thursday, March 22, 2007

contact

I must be about the most difficult person to contact in the world. I don't purposely set out to be difficult, but it tends to work that way.

I am horrible about answering my personal phone. If I am in the middle of something I'll often let my cell phone hit voicemail without even looking at the caller ID. This is under the assumption that I will check my voicemail shortly, but I rarely do. This isn't because I don't want to talk to anyone in particular, but rather that I don't like just stopping things midway through doing them.

Pity the person who tries to contact me via email. I have had countless email addresses in the past few years, and I don't keep a record of who has which email address. This means that when I retire an account I don't let anyone know about it. I have had at least one relative get upset at me that I didn't reply to an email sent to a dead address.

I even rotate the email addresses I frequently use due to variations in my Internet habits. An address that I use a lot one year may just be an infrequently checked spam collector the next year.

So, if you want to contact me and you want to be sure I get the message, you'll have to do that here. If you don't care that I get the message, send me an email.

5 comments:

T said...

Would snail mail work? Or does it collect somewhere like ours?! I saw this scene on a show once where the woman said that she only opens her mail once a month so she only has to sit down and throw the ads etc way 12 times a year!

roamingwriter said...

I do pretty well, but I do have an old email account that I only check a couple times a year which I haven't done in six months or more now. Hmm. Our cell phone wouldn't ring through. It went straight to voice mail for some unknown reason and we left it that way for several months. We were getting on people's nerves.

Achtung BB said...

I've noticed you don't reply to email. But you are good at replying on the blog and checking them. I appreciate that.

Unknown said...

Tell me about it. Just about the only time the man answers the phone is when his wife is nearly ready for delivery. :)

And this yet another place where we are opposites. I still use the same email address I had 8 years ago, and I intend to keep it until I die.

windarkwingod said...

Your various contact numbers on the worldwideweb have become a fungus. But I (a blue-bottled information fly) can come and nurse when I need to make contact at the largest and most attractive fungus that is your blog...