Thursday, December 14, 2006

barely blogworthy

It seems like a lot of stuff is happening that is just barely blogworthy. I've had a hard time thinking of a way to type most of it up without a voice in the back of my head telling me that no one would really care. Instead of typing a post about one thing that few would really care about, this is the blog of several things that few would really care about.

NJ
He's been trying to crawl lately. It's kind of weird to me because until a week ago he hated to be on his stomach. Now he constantly flips onto his stomach to try to take off. So far, he is very stationary.

School
I took my last final for the semester on Tuesday. The professor in that class likes trick questions, so I don't really know how I did. I was one of the first people to complete the test, though, if that is any indication. Thirteen credits down. Thirty-nine to go.

Laptop
I have been without my laptop for a week and a half while I waited for some warranty work to be performed on it. I was genuinely concerned that I wouldn't get the laptop back by Christmas, but I got it back yesterday. Not only that, but Acer replaced my LCD screen even though that is not the reason I sent it in for repairs. I know that Dash had a bad experience with Acer, but so far mine is very positive. I am becoming a loyal customer.

Stress
Since school ended, my stress level has dropped significantly. Golden's is higher than ever because she has a lot of things to do before Christmas. I really need to help her out more, but where to start?

Movies
I think I am going to make it a habit to watch a movie immediately after my last final every finals week. I have done this twice now and it really helps me stay motivated to study. The movie I watched on Tuesday night was Looking for Comedy in the Muslim World. It is certainly more politically correct than the name implies. The movie has flashes of brilliance, but the majority of it is kind of dull.

Books
I just finished Best Case Scenario, which is a spoof on the Worst Case Scenario books. Like the aforementioned movie, flashes of brilliance between dull spots.

Blog
I'm actually kind of annoyed at Blogger right now. I really shouldn't be, but the functionality that I have been really wanting (called labels or tags) is being offered in the beta version of Blogger. When I tried to upgrade I was directed to a page stating that one of my blogs did not qualify for beta yet. The description seemed to indicate that I have too many posts and comments. I'm looking forward to being able to classify my posts by topic so it's easier to remember the things I have already written.

That's it. The stuff that individually didn't warrant a post, but together got one anyway.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked it! :) NJ is really wanting to crawl! I am sure he'll be mobile before you know it! Ready or not! :)

Glad your finals are over and you can relax for the holidays.

Also glad that you are having a good experience with Acer! :)

I don't know anything about the movie or the book.

I have the beta blogger. Sorry you're not able to get it yet, I'm sure it will be ready for you soon. Did you ask Santa for it?! LOL

f o r r e s t said...

what is beta blogger?

shakedust said...

You don't get an alert every time you log in that "the new version of Blogger is here"? Both T and Dar are running it right now.

The only real drawbacks that I see right now are that you get an alert that not all pages are secure when you go to comment and that sometimes I am not able to comment on either's site (like right now).

f o r r e s t said...

It has been ages since I logged onto my site.

Anonymous said...

Dust, I think the comments are working on my blog now. Golden told me about it, I did some changes and it allowed me to comment.

Achtung BB said...

I've been having problems logging on "T" site. Is that because of the beta blog?

shakedust said...

Yeah, that's it. I'm not complaining about that because I'd prefer to be able to have beta right now, myself. One of the things about beta software, though, is that it sometimes doesn't work right.

f o r r e s t said...

spoken like a true geek!

(I was thinking the exact same thing about beta software.)

Anonymous said...

Yup, it's a bummer when it's not working right. :(. I hope they get it worked out soon.