Sunday, February 05, 2006

big five

First of all, it will probably be Tuesday night or Wednesday before I post again. Golden's grandfather passed away this weekend so we are going to Springfield to be with her family for a couple of days. For more on that go to Golden's site.

For the lack of a good segue, I have always seen myself as a little off-center from the norm and I think I now have proof. I am currently taking Organizational Behavior and had to take a test called the "Big Five." The idea is that this does a better job than Myers-Briggs at providing useful information to employers about how good an employee will do in a specific job. It has five measurements rather than four and it contains several submeasurements within the main five. Since this test is supposed to be pretty specific it took about 45 minutes for me to complete.

Apparently most people will score average on most measurements. Apparently I am not most people. I stayed completely out of the middle 60% on all measurements. Here is how I scored.

Extroversion: Low (20th percentile). This isn't a surprise. Actually it was higher than I expected. I usually like being an introvert anyway.

Agreeableness: High (81st percentile). This is a measure of how much you are willing to sacrifice your own happiness for others'. Too high and you're a doormat. I am nearly to level where I need to tattoo the word "Welcome" on my forehead.

Conscientiousness: High (91st percentile). This is a measure of how goal-oriented you are and how focused you will remain in completing your goals. Someone who is high in conscientiousness but low in agreeableness is a competitive jerk. Someone who is high in conscientiousness and high in agreeableness is a competitive jerk who disguises it really well.

Neuroticism: High (84th percentile). This relates to how easily stressed you are. Few will deny that I am a neurotic. More will question how I got something as low as the 84th percentile.

Openness to experience: Low (17th percentile). This measures how much you like change. Needless to say, I prefer cash.

3 comments:

T said...

I enjoyed reading about you from this test. Makes me wonder where I'd fall? But I'm guessing I'd be in the average range. Just call me Joe!:)

f o r r e s t said...

I think I am an introvert and I see that as a personality flaw. So despite, how much I would rather be a wallflower, I am trying to learn how to be more outgoing. It's all about the confidence baby!

gigi said...

hmmm. interesting. I love tests like that...