Monday, July 02, 2007

happy birthday, nj

I hope Golden wasn't planning to post this information today. I did not talk to her about it yet.

Today is NJ's first birthday. It is hard to think of NJ as anything but a baby, so him hitting the one year milestone is a little weird. He is headed into his toddler period and I am still coming to terms with having an infant.

I don't think we are going to do too much today because he has already had two celebrations. One was with my family a week ago and one was with Golden's family this past weekend. The picture below is from a week ago.
The birthday celebration on Saturday managed to be quite memorable because a tornado touched down a few miles from Golden's parents' house just an hour before we had the cake. Golden, her mom, and NJ went to a back closet for a few minutes when the radio indicated that a funnel cloud might be headed our way, but it didn't even get close enough for us to see it. Some day I will tell NJ that even God was celebrating his first birthday and just got a little carried away.

Besides being NJ's birthday, this is also the first day that Golden would be going to work if she was still at work, but isn't because she is not. So, everyone around the house has something to be happy about today. If only I were there.

4 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

NJ and I are thinking about you today! I am going to watch NJ's birth DVD after I'm done blogging. He is napping right now.

Happy 1 year NJ! I love you both!

f o r r e s t said...

That will be quite a good story about God and the tornado.

roamingwriter said...

Lots is changing at your house! Yippee for Golden. Lots of growing for NJ!

T said...

One year. I'm so glad that Golden gets to be home with him today and everyday now! :) Such a memorable day. Some kids have all the luck! LOL