Tuesday, July 10, 2007

bon voyage

Tomorrow morning Golden, NJ, and myself are cramming into the car and starting a very long road trip that will send us to Michigan and across Pennsylvania before returning home. It will be nice to see family, and for family to see NJ.

Unfortunately, the first thing I think of when someone says the word, "fun," is not necessarily travelling 2,500 miles in a car with a one-year-old. We are breaking the trip into pieces that might be small enough to deal with, though, so maybe I am being overly pessimistic.

I am kind of torn about this trip. I am excited about family getting to see NJ and I am excited about staying in hotels. I am a little on edge about the tight schedule that we have planned, though. I don't think we have any days off on the whole trip.

I expect that I will have time to post through this week, though I am not sure. Next week is a complete toss up. I will try to provide updates, but don't be disappointed if the site is dead for a few days.

If all goes well the next update will be in Bloomington, Illinois, tomorrow night. Wish us well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well! Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday. :oD

Achtung BB said...

I did 2000 miles over to Portland, but I couldn't imagine travelling that far with a infant.

roamingwriter said...

We did that kind of travel all the time when I was a kid. The year with my 2 year old brother was quite memorable. Obviously he's easier to travel with now!

T said...

I hope your trip goes well and you are reading this from Bloomington, IL like you planned! NJ's a trooper, just don't play too much BonJovi for him! LOL