Friday, July 27, 2007

den-test

Today, I went to the dentist for a checkup and cleaning. It usually goes one of two ways. Either the person cleaning my teeth notes how it looks like I have done a good job with my teeth, or I get reminded about how important it is to brush and floss well. My last cleaning I got the "good job" routine. This time, not so much.

As I was sitting in the dentist chair it occurred to me that this was a bit like taking a test. I have the same unprepared feeling when I have not studied well enough for a test as when I have not been brushing and flossing enough. The good feeling of completing a test where I am confident in my answers is similar to how I feel when I am complemented on my flossing.

Like with a test, I also have a real good feeling when I leave the dentist's office. Another six months until I have to be tested again. Maybe I'll remember to floss before then.

2 comments:

T said...

Every 6 months. I always hoped that they would decide once a year was enough. I had to have a filling "redone" before we left KC. I didn't realize that they did that.

GoldenSunrise said...

Sorry you didn't get an A on your report card. : )