Monday, October 02, 2006

klutz

I think I must have had an inner ear problem yesterday. Here's a laundry list of my mistakes on Sunday.
  • I was trying to pick up NJ in Sunday School from under a table and bumped his head against the table. It wasn't a hard bump and he was already crying, but since it moved the table some people snickered. It didn't hurt NJ, but it probably made half the class think he may need to be kept away from his dad.
  • At the end of class I tipped my cup up to finish my iced tea, and a stream ran from the corner of my mouth down my shirt. This amused several.
  • To get a ladder out of the garage I needed to shift some stuff around. As I was moving the weedwacker in a hunched over position I didn't realize that I had moved under some shelves. The neighbors may have seen it because the garage door was open, but I think I was the only person around to get any enjoyment out of that event.
  • Later in the day NJ was crying, so I grabbed him and sat down on the floor to give him some attention. As I was holding him I leaned back and banged my head against our rocking chair. NJ smiled, but I have my doubts that his smile was connected to my throbbing head.
  • As we were leaving home groups I picked up the baby carrier with NJ inside and promptly banged it against the banister. NJ didn't react, but a few others did.

I'd say more, but I think it's safer if I sit in one location and don't do anything for a while.

4 comments:

T said...

Did you get enough sleep this weekend? I've had days like that before, but I am a true klutz, I can't blame an inner ear! :)

GoldenSunrise said...

I thought you were going to mention handing the empty bottle to our home group host when he was asking to take the empty bowl. : )

Anonymous said...

I think my nephew should come live with me for his own safety!

Then again, you are the more coordinated of the two of us. *sigh*

At least buy the poor kid a padded hat or something! ;o)

roamingwriter said...

I have clumsy days, or worse clumsy weeks. I usually have bruises and a sore head to show for it.