Thursday, October 19, 2006

that bites

The other night I was minding my own business eating some cereal when it happened. I bit into the inside of lip hard. That was irritating! It hurt, it swelled up a bit, and I just knew that the bite would turn into a canker sore. I know this because I get probably on average one canker sore every month or two due to biting the inside of my mouth.

Once I had bitten the inside of my mouth once, though, it was like my teeth started to like the taste of my blood. I bit into that same location twice more, I lightly bit another location in my mouth once, and I bit my tongue once all over the next fifteen minutes. I was beginning to wonder if something had happened to cause me to lose any sense of coordination in my mouth.

Eventually, I decided it was about to stop eating. I can only take so much self-inflicted violence. Plus, I was full.

6 comments:

windarkwingod said...

I HATE that. Whenever I do the "rebite thingy" I want to hurl my softdrink or fork or whatever across the restaurant and cuss loudly!

T said...

Yeah, that really does bite!:) Ouch.

GoldenSunrise said...

I have problems burning the roof of my mouth. I am not patient enough for food to cool down. I have a fever blister on the corner of my mouth.

Dash said...

whenever you've managed to bite your lip, tongue, or mouth really good is a great time to much on some really salty popcorn.

.... or you could just have some tabasco sauce. Speaking of, did you know that tabasco started as a way to salt food. The famous peppers were brough in from mexico and planted on the swamp island in Louisiana? The island is actually a huge salt dome.

... and did you know that salt domes are often a great way to locate drilling sites for natural gas ..... wait a minute that's a comment for Dar's blog.

f o r r e s t said...

Wow that is a lot of pain. Maybe you have some issues you need to take care of.

roamingwriter said...

Dash - I've heard that before from somewhere...could it be Dar? And his reading of the salt book?