Friday, October 27, 2006

riding high

I have been having a problem with NJ lately that I never would have anticipated. I figured he might have trouble establishing a sleep schedule, or perhaps problems digesting food properly, or maybe he wouldn't like taking baths. I simply didn't figure on this.

When I hold NJ he will not tolerate me sitting down for any period of time. If he is in a particularly good mood it might take him fifteen minutes to decide he wants me to stand up and maybe walk around. It is usually much quicker than that.

Once I am up NJ typically gets much happier, looking around his surroundings and taking it all in. He can be satisfied like this for literally hours. Yesterday, I resorted to carrying him in his strap-on carrier (I think it's called a snuggly) while I stood and walked around with short intervals of sitting. I would have gotten pretty tired otherwise. Plus, I have a lazy streak.

So, as is the case with a lot of things, I generally know how to make NJ happy but I don't understand fully why it is such a big deal to him. Is the view from five feet really that much better than from three?

6 comments:

T said...

Didn't mommy say that he was a mover and a shaker?! :) I too have noticed that he's VERY happy to be up and walking around. :)

windarkwingod said...

NJ wants to see the world and your legs are his legs - maybe he's just trying to make them work the best he knows how? I don't know. Seems to me he's an explorer!

roamingwriter said...

My brother wasn't happy until he was able to walk himself. Personalities come out early!

GoldenSunrise said...

NJ must have got the recessive gene on both of our sides. Who would have thought that the quietist woman at church would have the loudest/active baby?

f o r r e s t said...

I am sorry for your problem. No one would have ever anticipated that. Living vicariously through your kids takes on a whole new meaning.

shakedust said...

NJ is living vicariously through me.